Make a matching cardigan from a stretch knit top pattern.
- Cut the front to an edge rather than a fold.
- Make a paper template with a lower neckline and use this to cut away the surplus fabric.
- Cut a band 8 cm wide from the side of the fabric that has the greatest stretch.
- Use this to add a neckband by folding in half, length ways, wrong sides together and lightly pressing.
- Cut the required length, allowing narrow seams.
- Seam across the short ends, right sides together, before serging to the neck edge. The width of the band will add sufficient ease to fit over the matching top.